1204days since
2011

Gold Investment‎ > ‎

Poh Kong Jewellers

About

From a modest jeweller in 1976, Poh Kong today has burgeoned into Malaysia's largest jewellery retail chain store with a network of more than 90 outlets nationwide in 23 locations.

Setting the benchmark in the manufacturing and retailing of gold and fine jewellery in Malaysia, Poh Kong 
Holdings Berhad, as a public-listed company has earned a place in the country's annals of corporate 
successes with phenomenal growth over the years.

Poh Kong makes its jewellery at its factory in Shah Alam, Selangor, which is running at 65 per cent 
capacity. Poh Kong started making gold bars at its factory about five years ago, even when demand for gold bars was hardly there.

To meet customers' preferences, Poh Kong has different retail concept stores, namely Diamond & Gold, Diamond Boutique, Tranz, Jade Gallery, Oro Bianco and Schoeffel, of which it is the sole distributor.

Gold jewellery contributes 80 per cent to Poh Kong's revenue and the remaining 20 per cent comes from gems and diamonds.


Products

Poh Kong's Bunga Raya gold bar, which is 999.9 per cent pure gold, is available in 1gm, 5gm, 10gm, 20gm, 50gm and 100gm.

   


 


 





 
 
 Metal  Au Au  Au  Au  Au  Au 
 Weight (G) 10  20  50  100 
 Size (W x L, mm)  8.5 x 14.5  14 x 23.6  16 x 27  19 x 32  24 x 40  29 x 48
 Purity 999.9  999.9  999.9  999.9  999.9  999.9 



PAMP Suisse Lady Fortuna Gold Bar
24K gold ingot engraved with Fortuna, the Roman goddess of Fortune, who offers the promise of prosperous times ahead. Measures 27.00 x 47.00 mm.

Your assurance of authenticity through and through, PAMP ingots arrive factory-sealed within genuine 'CertiPAMP' packaging. Set within a laminate card that bears the assayer's signature, serial number and proof of fine metal content, the uniquely transparent design allows for easy viewing of both the ingot's face and reverse, while forever protecting the ingot from damage.


 
 Lady Fortuna frontLady Fortuna back Lady Fortuna in cover frontLady Fortuna in cover back 

Metal AuAu AuAu Au Au Au Au Au 
Weight (g) 12.5 10 20 50 100 1/2 oz 1 oz
Size (W x L, mm)8.7 x 14.6  13.0 x 22.013.8 x 23.1  5.4 x 25.4 17.9 x 30.927 x 47  27.00 x 47 17.9 x 30.9 23.9 x 40.9
Purity999.9 999.9 999.9 999.9 999.9 999.9 999.9 999.9 999.9 


Advantages & Disadvantages

Advantages:
  • Poh Kong accept credit card.
  • Poh Kong branches are everywhere. Probably there was one near by your house.

Disadvantages:
  • Price is high compare to others.
  • Sometimes got workmanship (depend which branch).
  • High spread value, 10% to 25%.
  • PAMP Suisse Lady Fortuna and Poh Kong Bunga Raya is in plastic seal. If your tear the plastic for pawn Poh Kong will charge more higher spread value.

Contacts

Address:
Poh Kong Headquarters
16-20, Jalan 52/4, 
46200 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

Phone: 
+60 (3) 7958 8999 

Fax: 
+60 (3) 7958 8398

Website: